Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By accessing or using the Services, you agree to this Policy. Our Services also incorporate privacy controls which affect how we will process your personal data.
This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of the Services after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
- 1.1 In this policy, we, us, our and PlatinX Exchange refer to PlatinX Exchange. For more information about us and how to contact us, visit www.platinx.exchange
- 1.2 ‘Digital Assets’ refer to digital representation of value, also known as cryptocurrency, crypto assets, virtual currency, crypto token or digital commodity. This is based on cryptographic protocol and used as medium of exchange or store of value. The protocols used here could be centralized or decentralized, closed or open-source.
- 1.3 ‘User’ refers to all verified customers who log on to our website and utilize the services of PlatinX Exchange.
- 1.4 ‘User Account’ refers to the account, verified and accessible via the company’s services including services of the digital wallet to store your digital assets.
- 1.5 ‘Personal Information’ refers to user’s personal data including but not limited to name, identification number, security number, nationality, gender, signature, utility bills, photographs, contact details, home address, location data and such.
3.1 To provide the best services, we may collect and use the following information at our discretion
- Full legal name;
- Home address, including country of residence;
- Email address;
- Mobile phone number;
- Date of birth;
- Proof of identity (e.g., driver’s license, passport, or government-issued identity card);
- Social Security Number or any comparable identification number issued by a government;
- Other Personal Information that is deemed helpful in verifying whether you are eligible to register on PlatinX Exchange website;
- Other Personal Information that is deemed helpful in ensuring our compliance with legal obligations under applicable anti-money laundering (AML) obligations, Know Your Customer (KYC) compliance and ensuring data management and communication channels to communicate with user to ensure best services.
- Other Personal Information that is required by any court order, any applicable law, administrative regulation or any order of any other competent government agency.
3.2 PlatinX Exchange may also collect, receive, and use the following Personal Information from you to monitor and improve the function of PlatinX Exchange website, enhancing your experience in using our services:
- Location Information – Information that is automatically collected via analytics systems providers to determine your location, including your IP address and/or domain name and any external page that referred you to us, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform;
- Log Information – Information that is generated by your use of PlatinX Exchange services that is automatically collected and stored in our server logs. This may include, but is not limited to, device-specific information, location information, system activity and any internal and external information related to pages that you visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website or App (including date and time; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page;
- User Account Information – Information that is generated by your PlatinX Exchange account activities including, but not limited to, instructions regarding funding and disbursement, orders, trades, account balances, and other transactional information;
- Correspondence – Information that you provide to us in written or oral correspondence, including opening a PlatinX Exchange User Account, engaging customer support, and initiating other kinds of communications to contact us;
- Other information that we may receive from other third parties, including but not limited to banks or financial institutions that you use for transaction purposes. We may process information included in your personal profile, which may include your location, time zone and website (Profile Information). The Profile Information may be processed for the purposes of providing you a better user experience when using our Services. The legal basis for this processing is your consent.
3.3 PlatinX Exchange reserves the right to use the information you provided while using our services even if the registration is left incomplete or abandoned.
4. Use of Personal Information
4.1 We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes, and on the legal bases, set out in this policy.
4.2 We may disclose Service Data to a variety of third-party service providers insofar as reasonably necessary to improve the functionalities of the Services. For example, we may disclose Service Data to obtain useful analytics, provide in-app support to mobile app users, determine location data and provide search engine functionality to our users.
4.3 We may share aggregated data (information about our users that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and other anonymized information for regulatory compliance, industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
4.4 In the event of a dispute in P2P transaction, we may disclose some of your Personal Data with the counterparty to such transaction to the extent we deem required, in our discretion, to resolve the dispute.
4.5 In addition to the specific disclosures of personal data set out in this Section 3, we may disclose your personal data if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person; to protect the safety or integrity of the Services, or to explain why we have removed content or accounts from the Services; or to address fraud, security, or technical issues; or to protect our rights or property or the rights or property of those who use the Services.
4.6 We offer individuals the opportunity to choose (opt out) whether their personal information is (i) to be disclosed to a third party or (ii) to be used for a purpose that is materially different from the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individuals. In order to opt out from disclosure of your personal information, please write to us at www.platinx.exchange
4.7 PlatinX Exchange does not sell, trade, transfer Personal Information to external parties, or allow external parties to do so on our website. However, to the extent necessary for 1) proper functioning of PlatinX Exchange website and improvement of our services 2) compliance with any of the applicable laws, regulations, rules or any order of courts or other competent authorities or 3) due protection of the rights, property, or safety of us or other persons, the following parties shall be excluded from such promise: our affiliates and trusted third party vendors we engage to help us operating our website, managing our business, or providing services directly and indirectly to the Users, provided that such parties understand and agree to keep such Personal Information confidential. Nevertheless, your Personal Information will not be provided to external parties for marketing, advertising or other purposes, unless an authorization is directly obtained from you.
5. Personal Data Rights
In this Section 5, we have summarized the rights that you have under data protection law based on whether you are an EEA resident (an EEA Resident) or you are not a resident of the EEA (a Non- EEA Resident). Some of the rights are complex, and not all of the details have been included in our summaries. Accordingly, you should read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for a full explanation of these rights.
5.1 Non-EEA Residents may access and verify their Personal Information held by PlatinX Exchange by submitting a written request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
5.2 EEA Residents. If you are an EEA Resident, your principal rights under data protection law are:
(a) the right to access;
(b) the right to rectification;
(c) the right to erasure;
(d) the right to restrict processing;
(e) the right to object to processing;
(f) the right to data portability;
(g) the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
(h) the right to withdraw consent.
6. Protection of Personal Information
PlatinX Exchange is committed to appropriate physical, electronic and technical measures to protect and safeguard your personal information. We take security measures in this regard that are not limited to –
- Physical measures: Records of your Personal Information will be stored in a properly locked place against loss, theft, unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification.
- Electronic measures: Electronic data that contain your Personal Information will be stored in properly encrypted computer systems and storage media that are subject to strict login/access restrictions.
- Technical measures: Proper encryption techniques, including but not limited to Secure Socket Layer Encryption technology, may be used to protect your Personal Information.
- Managerial measures: Only staff members duly authorized by us can access your Personal Information, and these staff members are duly trained and monitored to comply with our internal code of ethics concerning personal data protection.
- Other measures that we deem necessary in ensuring the safety of your Personal Information.
6.2 To help protect your information and account from misuse, you should never disclose your login credentials and password of your PlatinX Exchange user account. We shall not be held liable for damage or loss of any kind caused directly or indirectly by your failure to maintain the secrecy of your login information.
7 Data Retention
Your Personal Information will only be accessed internally on a need-to-know basis, and it will only be accessed or processed if absolutely necessary. We will constantly monitor and delete data that is no longer required by any relevant law or jurisdiction in which we operate.
10. Contact Information
The data controller responsible for your personal data is PlatinX Exchange. Please write to us at support@ platinx.exchange